Monday, October 7, 2013

Awesome Eye Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer



An eyeshadow primer is meant to be used on your eyelids, before applying eyeshadow to enhance the colour of the shadow, and increase the longevity of the eyeshadow on your eyelids. It keeps your eyelids oil free, and stops your eyeshadow from creasing throughout the day. 

It is very easy to use: 



I find using a nude coloured primer, instead of a clear one, helps hide tiny imperfections on my eyelids which is an added bonus. This way I have a clean slate to apply eyeshadow. 




So I bought this eyeshadow primer online after reading several great reviews about it and I have not been disappointed! Actually, I bought two, one extra for my sister. I'm glad I did too because it's awesome, but I can't find this brand anywhere in Canadian stores.  I bought this from cherryculture.com. They carry this brand, and ship to Canada without horribly high shipping costs. 

This product reminds me of Urban Decay's Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have both, and I think in a blindfold test, I would have a hard time telling them apart. 

The formula is very light and smooth, almost whipped feeling. (You only need a tiny dot for each eyelid, below shown is WAY too much). 


It blends nicely, not super sticky or too slippery....


 Below is a picture of a charcoal eyeshadow swatched without primer (left) and then swatched again with primer (right)... 

It really makes a difference. 



This primer can be found online and maybe even at Superstore. I know they carry a few things from Milani, just not sure about this primer.  I bought mine for under $10. If you can get your hands on this stuff, you should because it's awesome! 









No comments:

Post a Comment